Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Living Above The Label


It is such a blessing to have been where I been and done what I have done. This is one main reason why I love to give back to my fans and to the community. I am grateful to have the opportunity to pay it forward with a subject I love, sports. My position in society allows me to see the world and experience a great deal of life, but what help would it be if I kept all my hardships and knowledge to myself?

For about 25 years I have still been going strong with my yearly summer basketball camps. I always teach fundamentals because with a strong foundation everything else falls into place. Each group of participants always shows me something different, and surprisingly I always learn something each year. The first camp of the summer has already passed and was a great success, but I have my annual Back to School Camp coming up in August. Remember, you are the only person who can stop you. Don’t limit yourself to being mediocre because of how things appear. Where would I be if I would have done that? As I like to say, “You’re never too small to ball and Always Believe!”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment